Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I've decided to leave San Diego....

Next week!

The challenge I have is packing and getting rid of stuff is a never-ending quest. My favorite storage and moving solution is http://www.bigbox.com But, moving two of those boxes to Seattle instead of just one will add $800 to the tab. Have to get stuff moved out of one storage place and make it fit into one of the BigBox boxes.


I have a lead on a job in Everett at a company that makes bar code scanners. Have a longer shot lead on another job in Thousand Oaks California. But, I don't think I have a chance there either.


My original plans were to leave this Thursday the 11th. But, I don't think I will make it since the Post office is closed for Veterans day and I need my first California unemp paycheck to buy gas with.

My new plan is to leave at 9AM on Thursday morning of some week, stop at Sacramento overnight. Drive up to Portland Oregon. Stop again, then a short trip up to my friend, Mike, in Kent WA.

My two cats, Tero and Eric will be in the front seat.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad, you are so miserable there...
    Are there any good prospects out there?
    Unemployment is supposed to be improving...

    I am sure that everything will look different from WA.

    ReplyDelete